Friday, January 20, 2012

Fries. Baked Fries.

(I was going to post this like 5 days ago, but I couldn't get the pictures to load until now..)

Lately I have been craving something fatty and salty and specifically French Fries. Don't ask why... I'm not entirely sure. But last week after work (I'm a nanny!) I drove by about 30 fast food places resisting the urge to stop. Then it finally hit me, I have a 5 pound bag of potatoes at home!

Side note: I went shopping with my roommate and we decided to split the potatoes.. which was a whopping $1.25 each. score.

I've made two types of fries. The French fries that you get from fast food and buffalo chips that you get from Buffalo Wild Wings. Both delicious.

Baked French Fries


2 potatoes
2 Tbs olive oil
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Cheyenne pepper
1 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon Oregano

STEP ONE





Preheat oven to 450º

Slice the potatoes long ways, and then slice again into fries.

pour 1 Tbs of Olive oil and spread on the foil over your baking pan

Then spread your unbaked fries on the sheet and coat them in the remaining olive oil

STEP TWO



sprinkle the paprika and cheyenne on half of the fries

STEP THREE



sprinkle the basil and oregano on the other half of the fries (I like variety)

STEP FOUR
Bake for 25 minutes.

Easy, right?? I was amazed.


Now for the best tasting type of fries. EVER. seriously.. compared to the recipe above, these blows it out of the park.

Buffalo Chips
The recipe serves one person... But it's very easily adjustable


One potato

spoonful of spreadable butter
1 Tbsp Frank's Red Hot sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika

1 Tbsp Olive Oil

STEP ONE

Slice the potato to make circle fries
Preheat the oven to 450º

STEP TWO

In a bowl, melt the butter and add everything but the olive oil. Mix well.
Pour the olive oil on the foil you wrapped your baking sheet in.

STEP THREE

Coat the potatoes with the sauce and place them on the foil.
Put it in the oven.

STEP FOUR

Bake for 16 minutes. Flip each potato slice, then bake for another 14 minutes. (times are approximate, due to individual ovens.) Make sure you check on them when it gets close to the end of the 30 minutes, you want your potatoes to be lightly crispy, but still have a nice soft potato-y texture in the middle (otherwise you'll have made chips, and they don't always taste great...)

ENJOY!!


On another note.. because of these crazy delicious and unhealthy cravings, I have resolved with a HUGE plate of garlic sautéed kale. ...Another thing I hated as a child and grown to love. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. The hot chocolate looks delish! ANd the fries are something I'm def going to try. But do I have to go to Wyoming to buy the pepper? hehe

    ReplyDelete